Design M. Willis needed something to do. He decided as an exercise to test his design chops and indulge his love of soccer. “Soccer Out of Context - a look at how other identities and brand properties would appear in the soccer / fútbol aesthetic, instead of their own. “
Check out the whole series
- I’m not reinventing club histories, or pretending clubs were soccer teams all along, just translating their brands to the soccer “universe”.
- I’m not changing logos, colors or visual properties - just trying to play within existing boundaries.
- Today I’m using soccer kits - jersey shirts only, really, as this was a quick exercise - as the visual output. One per team, too - no away designs this time.
- Where I can, I’m making guesses about the identities to fill in blank spots that don’t map easily over to soccer.
- I’m trying to have fun, and I don’t take this seriously as anything more than palate-cleansing design exercise.
More DesignQuotes of the Day
Get 5 things in your Inbox